Kick butt Cellulite Redux - Not Weight Loss, Not A Gym Routine

Saturday 9 February 2013

butterfinger cake recipe

Warning: I think I hit more tangents than usual in this post. Recipe is at the bottom if you wanna skip through the interesting tidbits about my family, negative people, my dish envy, and complaints about my kitchen.
Looking over some of my past posts, I noticed I have a habit of going on and on about how I love everything I post. Thing is though, I DO love everything I post. If I didn’t love it, I wouldn’t share the recipes with you because I want you to love everything I post, too!
Alright, now that I’ve gotten that off my chest, let me start posting about this cake by saying: I LOVE THIS CAKE!!! Furthermore, EVERYONE LOVES THIS CAKE!! Grown men swoon for it, Children polish their halos and change their vocabulary to “mother dear” for it. No cake I have ever had in a restaurant holds a candle to THIS one.

THIS is the ultimate in decadence and….guess what else? EASE! This is the easiest cake on earth to make. Never have you stopped a show with so little effort.
This recipe came from my sister in law, Stacey. Stacey married into our family about ten years ago. We kind of feel sorry for her from time to time, being married into our brood and all, but since she had been a guest at my sleepovers as far back as third grade, she clearly came in with her eyes wide open. She has learned to adapt quite well to the vast quantities of food we turn out everytime someone blinks funny and she has resigned herself to the possibility that being married to a Davis is not conducive to making it back to that size zero bikini. She has also done the one thing that we all must do eventually: learn to cook just like Mama.
Stacey is a GREAT cook. Thing is, she didn’t cook at all for the first half of their marriage (she was a working mom). Once she quit her job to raise the spawn of Bill (my two sweet nephews, but spawn of Bill sounds better), she took up cooking and made up for lost time. Now Stacey makes the best fried apple pies in the state and she frequently spends a day making twenty or so full sized cakes for my brother’s catering jobs.
Still, as good a cook as Stacey is, her shining contribution to our family’s good eatin’ will always be The Butterfinger Cake. Did you hear an angelic choir when I said that? Butterfinger Cake. There it was again!
You will need: Devil’s Food Cake Mix (The cheaper the better, we want a good old coarse cake), Can Sweetened Condensed Milk, Caramel Topping, Cool Whip, Butterfinger Bar
My brother, Bill, took these pics and Stacey made the cake. She has such a large, open, bright and sunny kitchen. Not that I’m jealous or anything. I love my 6×8 dungeonesque walk in closet with appliances. Really, I do. ~Sighs~

Prepare cake according to package directions. When it comes out, poke holes all in it with a fork, just like we did on the Elvis Presley cake. Don’t stop til it looks like a swarm of four toothed mosquitoes attacked!
Dang, I didn’t know Stacey had the Fire King 9×13 dish. Those were issued in 2000 and didn’t stay on the market long. I got a bowl, but never the dish. I really want the dish now. :(

0 comments:

Post a Comment